A digital library card is a convenient option to start using the Calumet City Public Library! This digital card gives you access to thousands of e-books, digital magazines, movies and more. If you live in Calumet City or Burnham and do not have a Calumet City Public Library card, you can register online for a digital card.
- Visit your library catalog and follow the link at the top that says “Sign Up”.
- Confirm you are 13 years of age or older.
- Fill out all the information.
- Press Submit.
This card is only valid for 90 days and only allows you to use our online resources. Stop by the Circulation Desk at the Calumet City Public Library to pick up a permanent card to start borrowing items from our collection in-house. You will need to bring identification and a piece of mail dated within the last 30 days.
Have questions? Feel free to stop at the Circulation Desk for more information.
Residents may apply for Calumet City Library cards free of charge. Application for a card must be made in person at the library. To receive a library card on the same day of application patrons must provide two items, identification and proof of residency.
Proof of Residency
- Valid State of Illinois driver’s license, State of Illinois ID card or Green Card
- Must have Calumet City address on identification
- Utility bill, issued within the last thirty (30) days, or
- Postmarked letter or piece of personal mail sent to the current address within the last thirty (30) days, or
- Bank statement dated within last thirty (30) days, or
- Mortgage papers within last thirty (30) days
- Address must match the Calumet City address on identification
If the applicant cannot present both materials, they cannot receive their library card the same day.
For children under the age of 18, they must have a parent or legal guardian with them to authorize the library card application and assume financial responsibility for materials checked out with the child’s card.
Illinois non-residents may obtain a library card for an annual fee of $100 per household.
Residents of the town of Burnham may obtain a library card at the Calumet City Public Library. The library will issue the library card to the individual and then directly bill the City of Burnham for an annual fee of $100. Each family member in a household may have their own card with the expiration date as that of the card initially issued. Burnham residents will be subject to the same rules and regulations regarding application and proof of residence as outlined in Resident Cards.
Chicago residents holding a valid Chicago Public Library card in good standing may apply for RAILS System/Chicago Public Library reciprocal borrowing services at no charge.