Youth Services Clerk
Are you someone who thrives in a changing library environment? Does patron satisfaction make you feel successful? Do you like helping people discover answers, no matter how simple or complex? We are seeking a customer-service savvy, focused Youth Services Clerk to provide community-line service for patrons aged birth to age thirteen (13) and their caregivers.
Nestled south of Chicago and fewer than 10 minutes from the Illinois-Indiana state border, the easily commutable suburb of Calumet City is celebrating its 128th year of incorporation. The Calumet City Public Library (CCPL) proudly prioritizes maintaining an ethnically, racially and culturally diverse staff that is reflective of the 36,000 residents we serve. As a public service institution, the library is dedicated to providing timely, accurate and useful information to our community, placing special emphasis on popular materials and services.
What You’ll Do for CCPL:
• Delivers core services to children and their caregivers at the service desk in person or via telephone, email, instant message, or any other form of electronic communication including searches for information and basic readers’ advisory
• Assists patrons to identify, locate and retrieve materials appropriate to their informational or recreational needs, in house or via interlibrary loan
• Utilizes (and guides staff and patrons) with registration of the public access computers and maintenance of the patron database as well as other library technology including on-line databases, e-content, mobile apps, and the Internet
• Responsible for departmental mailings, public relations projects and Youth Services program publicity for distribution to local schools and newspapers via snail mail/social media
• May assist with core Collection Maintenance tasks
• In charge of preparing items for the “giveaway” shelves
• Assists with monthly displays and decorating bulletin boards
What CCPL Can Offer You:
• Non-exempt position, working up to 18 hours per week
• 2 positions available; One primarily Mornings and one primarily Evenings
• Supportive team environment, collaborating to achieve success
• Library Administration that prioritizes continuing education
The Library recognizes that the best candidate may not check every single qualification. If you are truly interested, we encourage everyone who thinks they may be a good fit for the job to apply.
• High school diploma or equivalent experience
• Minimum one (1) year Customer Service related work experience
• Prior library experience desirable
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office, Google tools and virtual working environments
• Ability to work independently and productively
• Communicates clearly and effectively to establish and maintain professional relationships with staff and patrons
• Availability to meet day, evening and weekend hours requirements
• Access to regular, reliable transportation
• Duties are performed mainly indoors in an active, collaborative office environment with a moderate noise level
• Duties require near constant standing and walking
• Duties require use of close vision and ability to adjust near and far
• Duties require speaking and hearing
• Duties often include lifting up to 30 pounds, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling in excess of 75 lbs., reaching, handling, and fine manipulation skills
• Duties may include brief exposure to current weather conditions
This is a Part Time, non-exempt position that starts at $13.50 hourly.
No phone calls, please. Email your resume and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org