Limited Pandemic Services
HoursThe library is currently open for limited Monday through Friday operating hours.
|Monday||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Thursday||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Friday||10:00am - 4:00pm|
Health and Safety PrecautionsThe well-being of our community and staff is always our top priority.
What we're doing to keep you safe:
- Maintaining 6 foot social distance between each other.
- Wearing face coverings (over nose and mouth) while inside the library.
- Following cleaning and disinfecting protocols put out by the CDC.
- Do not enter the library if you are currently have or recently had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or are feeling unwell.
- Masks are required for patrons ages 2 and older who have not been vaccinated.
- Keep your hands clean. Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the library for your use.
- Maintain at least 6 foot social distance from others.
- Follow all directional signs and floor markings.
Grab & Go ServicesFor the safety of all parties, we ask that you keep your time inside the library building limited.
You will be able to:
- Browse and check out materials.
- Pick up holds, print outs and kits.
- Use self-serve printing and copying services.
- Reserve a computer for 1 hour.
- Use limited public seating. Sanitizing wipes are available at public desks, if desired.
- Study rooms are available for 2-hours daily per patron. A reservation with Adult Services is required.
- In-person programming remains suspended, we are only offering virtual and take-home programs.
ComputersLimited public computers are available. Stations have been spaced 6 feet apart and will be disinfected between each use.
- 1-hour sessions. No extensions, so save often!
- 15-minute Express computers for walk-ins (ages 13+ only).
- Computer sessions are free.
- Please leave protective covers on keyboards and mice.
- Staff cannot provide one-on-one assistance at the computers. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Free scanning services are now available! Use the flatbed or document scanner to send your scans to an email, USB flashdrive, or Google Drive. Visit the Technology Center to learn more.
Reference ServicesNot sure about coming in? Our staff is available to answer your questions! Contact us via phone, email or Facebook message for service.
- Call (708) 862-6220 to reach a staff member.
In case you can't reach us, please leave a voicemail. Include your name, phone number, and the information you need, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
For juvenile inquiries, dial extension 3 for Youth Services.
For adult and teen questions, dial extension 2 for Adult Services.
For questions about your account, dial extension 1 for Circulation.
- Email us at email@example.com and your inquiry will be routed to the appropriate staff for assistance.
- Message us on Facebook for assistance any time. Depending on your question, your inquiry may be routed to the appropriate staff and answered at a later time.
24/7 Digital ServicesCCPL card holders can access library resources, including eBooks, audiobooks, music, video and online resources, 24/7 on our website.
- Brainfuse HelpNow: Live homework help from 2pm to 11pm in English and Spanish.
- MediaOnDemand: Downloadable eBooks, audiobooks and magazines.
- Hoopla: Streaming and downloadable audiobooks, music, video and eBooks.
- Mango languages: Learn to speak over 70 languages with self-paced lessons.
- SWAN Libraries App: Check on the status of your account and find digital materials available to you as a CCPL card holder.