Limited Pandemic Services
HoursThe library is open on limited Monday through Friday operating hours.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesdays: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Saturdays & Sundays: Closed
Health and Safety PrecautionsThe well-being of our community and staff is always our top priority.
What we're doing to keep you safe:
- Maintaining 6 foot social distance between each other.
- Wearing face coverings (over nose and mouth) while inside the library.
- Quaranting and cleaning materials before checking in.
- Following cleaning and disinfecting protocols put out by the CDC.
- Building capacity may be limited according to current guidelines.
- Do not enter the library if you are currently have or recently had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or are feeling unwell.
- Wear a face covering (over nose and mouth) while inside the library.
- Keep your hands clean. Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the library for your use.
- Maintain at least 6 foot social distance from others.
- Follow all directional signs and floor markings.
- Children 17 and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for visits longer than 30 minutes.
Grab & Go ServicesFor the safety of all parties, we ask that patrons do not linger in the library building. To that effect, all public seating has been removed, study rooms will remain closed, and all in-person programming remains suspended. Patrons will be able to:
- Browse and check out materials.
- Pick up holds.
- Use self-serve printing and copying services.
- Reserve a computer for 1 hour.
Computer ReservationsComputers have been spaced 6 feet apart and will be disinfected between each use.
- 1-hour sessions by reservation only. No extensions, so save often!
- 15-minute Express computers for walk-ins (ages 13+ only).
- Computer sessions will be temporarily free.
- Please leave protective covers on keyboards and mice.
- Staff cannot provide one-on-one assistance at the computers. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- To make reservations:
For adult computers (13+) call (708) 862-6220 ext. 4.
For children 12 and under, call ext. 3 for Youth Services.
Returning Items and Due DatesOur book drops are open for you to return your checked out library items.
- All materials will circulate for three weeks and, if eligible, have up to two automatic renewals.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 3 days before getting checked in.
- Return all items to a book drop; staff will not accept any at the desk due to our quarantine procedures.
- All overdue fines have been waived for new checkouts during this time. Once materials are overdue 14 days, your account will be blocked.
Reference ServicesNot sure about coming in? Our staff is available to answer your questions! Contact us via phone, email or Facebook message for service.
- Call (708) 862-6220 to reach a staff member.
In case you can't reach us, please leave a voicemail. Include your name, phone number, and the information you need, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
For juvenile inquiries, dial extension 3 for Youth Services.
For adult and teen questions, dial extension 2 for Adult Services.
For questions about your account, dial extension 1 for Circulation.
- Email us at email@example.com and your inquiry will be routed to the appropriate staff for assistance.
- Message us on Facebook for assistance any time. Depending on your question, your inquiry may be routed to the appropriate staff and answered at a later time.
24/7 Digital ServicesCCPL card holders can access library resources, including eBooks, audiobooks, music, video and online resources, 24/7 on our website.
- Brainfuse HelpNow: Live homework help from 2pm to 11pm in English and Spanish
- MediaOnDemand: Downloadable eBooks and audiobooks
- Hoopla: Streaming and downloadable audiobooks, music, video and eBooks
- SWAN Libraries App: Check on the status of your account and find digital materials available to you as a CCPL card holder