Come Work With Us!
Current OpeningsCIRCULATION MANAGER
Are you someone who thrives in a changing library environment? Does developing a workflow that benefits both the patron and the staff member make you feel successful? We are seeking a change-ready, empathetic collaborator to join our management team as it begins to strategically construct fresh plans, initiatives and services under the guidance of a new director. This is an exciting time to join a team that is reimagining and repositioning library services across age groups, services and technologies.
Nestled south of Chicago and fewer than 10 minutes from the Illinois-Indiana state border, the easily commutable suburb of Calumet City is celebrating its 128th year of incorporation. The Calumet City Public Library (CCPL) proudly prioritizes maintaining an ethnically, racially and culturally diverse staff that is reflective of the 36,000 residents we serve. As a public service institution, the library is dedicated to providing timely, accurate and useful information to our community, placing special emphasis on popular materials and services.
What You'll Do for CCPL:
- Hires, trains, supervises and regularly evaluates Circulation staff
- Schedules staff to accommodate library hours of service, a healthy work flow and patron traffic needs
- Fosters a culture of courteous customer service at the Checkout Desk through strong customer service best practices. Resolves customer service issues and trains Circulation staff to do the same
- Assumes responsibility for the operation and security of the library as needed, serving as Person in Charge by interpreting and implementing library policy to resolve issues
- Attends and actively participates in Management Team and All Staff meetings
- Responsible for keeping all staff apprised of SWAN consortium-wide policy and procedural updates
- Contributes to long and short range planning and goal setting processes for the entire library as part of the Management Team
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and demonstrated skill in multiple areas related to the duties of this position. Coursework in Library Science preferred.
- Two years of public service library experience using an automated environment
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office, Google tools and virtual working environments
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Communicates clearly and effectively to establish and maintain professional relationships with staff and patrons
- Availability to meet day, evening and weekend hours requirements
- Access to regular, reliable transportation
- Duties are performed mainly indoors in an active, collaborative office environment with a moderate noise level
- Duties require near constant standing and walking
- Duties require use of close vision and ability to adjust near and far
- Duties require speaking and hearing
- Duties often include lifting up to 30 pounds, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling in excess of 75 lbs., reaching, handling, and fine manipulation skills
- Duties may include brief exposure to current weather conditions
No phone calls, please. Email your cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to: Director@calumetcitypl.org
Circulation Manager Job Description